We are here to help.
We are closely monitoring the evolving situation with COVID-19 (coronavirus) and taking the necessary steps to help protect the safety and well-being of our customers and employees. As new developments emerge, we will share information with you about how we continue to operate safely and effectively. We hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy.
- If you’ve been financially impacted by COVID-19 and need help, please complete this COVID-19 assistance request form.
- If you need additional time in forbearance due to a COVID-19 hardship, apply for an extension.
- If your COVID-19 related hardship has ended and you are ready to resume payments, we will need you to complete an attestation to resume payments in writing.
- If you need assistance for another hardship reason, visit our Mortgage Assistance page to see what options may be available for you.
- We have received multiple requests regarding credit reporting during the COVID-19 financial crisis. At this time, McCue Mortgage must continue to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), which legally requires us to report true and accurate payment history to the credit bureaus. Credit reporting under the CARES Act requires us to continue to report a credit obligation as current if it was current before the forbearance. It does not exclude us from reporting any accommodation (which is required to be reported under FCRA), which is forbearance. Furthermore, the consumer reporting protections of the CARES Act continue to apply to the time period that was covered by the accommodation after the accommodation ends.
Any missed or 30-day late payments on an account that is not in forbearance will be reported as such under the FCRA requirements.
- Due to concern for the health and safety of customers and staff during the coronavirus outbreak, our office is now open “by appointment” only. If you or your family have traveled, are experiencing a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, or are over 70 years of age, please do not come to the office.
- If you normally drop off your payment to our office, please mail your payment to our payment lockbox at: P.O. Box 150463 Hartford, CT 06115-0463
- Make sure you’ve created an online account so you’ll have all the tools you need to manage your mortgage payment anytime, from anywhere. You can make a payment, check your online payment history, see general loan information, and more. This system can be used to verify mortgage information without making a payment too.
- Get helpful prevention tips and follow updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to keep you and your family healthy and safe.
- Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, there may be a heightened risk of fraudulent activity generally. Please take special care, and if necessary, only communicate directly with your mortgage lender. Additionally, never make your mortgage payments to anyone other than your mortgage lender without its written approval.
- Beware of scams since criminals often take advantage of situations like these to impersonate companies, charities or government agencies. Keep an eye out for suspicious-looking or sounding emails, text messages, or phone calls.
- In an effort to assist families in crisis, foreclosure and eviction activity was suspended in accordance with State and Federal guidelines. This may change at any time. Please rely on State and Federal resources to verify foreclosure moratorium periods.
We are taking every measure to keep our employees safe and healthy so they can continue to serve you.
We expect higher call volume during this situation, so please be patient with our customer representatives and use online self-service options if you can.