We are here to help.
- If you’ve been financially impacted by COVID-19 and need help, please complete this COVID-19 assistance request form.
- If you need additional time in forbearance due to a COVID-19 hardship, apply for an extension.
- If your COVID-19 related hardship has ended and you are ready to resume payments, we will need you to complete an attestation to resume payments in writing.
- The MyHomeCT Program will offer reinstatement, up to 12 months of mortgage payments, or a combination of both to eligible Connecticut homeowners who have suffered financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Assistance will be in the form of a one-time or ongoing grant. Review your eligibility, the official application, and submit a form administered by CHFA for more information.
- Housing counselors throughout the country can offer independent advice about whether a particular set of mortgage loan terms is a good fit based on your objectives and circumstances, often at little or no cost to you. https://www.consumerfinance.gov/find-a-housing-counselor/
- If you need assistance for another hardship reason, visit our Mortgage Assistance page to see what options may be available for you.
- Credit reporting under the CARES Act requires us to continue to report a credit obligation as current if it was current before the forbearance. It does not exclude us from reporting any accommodation (which is required to be reported under Fair Credit Reporting Act), which is forbearance. Furthermore, the consumer reporting protections of the CARES Act continue to apply to the time period that was covered by the accommodation after the accommodation ends. Any missed or 30-day late payments on an account that is not in forbearance will be reported as such under the FCRA requirements.
- Due to concern for the health and safety of customers and staff during the coronavirus outbreak, our office is now open “by appointment” only. If you are experiencing a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please do not come to our office.
- If you normally drop off your payment to our office, please mail your payment to our payment lockbox at: P.O. Box 150463 Hartford, CT 06115-0463
- Make sure you’ve created an online account so you’ll have all the tools you need to manage your mortgage payment anytime, from anywhere. You can make a payment, check your online payment history, see general loan information, and more. This system can be used to verify mortgage information without making a payment too.
- Get helpful prevention tips and follow updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to keep you and your family healthy and safe.
- Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, there may be a heightened risk of fraudulent activity generally. Please take special care, and if necessary, only communicate directly with your mortgage lender. Additionally, never make your mortgage payments to anyone other than your mortgage lender without its written approval.
- Beware of scams since criminals often take advantage of situations like these to impersonate companies, charities, or government agencies. Keep an eye out for suspicious-looking or sounding emails, text messages, or phone calls.
We are taking every measure to keep our employees safe and healthy so they can continue to serve you.