The McCue Mortgage Company has placed a great emphasis on community involvement. It encourages and fully supports efforts by employees of all levels to participate and take leadership roles in charitable, business and community organizations. The following list is some of the groups with whom we have been involved:
- A.W. Stanley Foundation
- Trinity on Main Performing Arts Center, New Britain, CT
- Connecticut Breast Heath Initiative
- Central Connecticut State University Foundation
- Friends of the Walnut Hill Park Rose Garden
- Hospital for Special Care, New Britain, CT
- Literacy Volunteers of Central Connecticut
- March of Dimes
- New Britain Foundation for Public Giving
- New Britain General Hospital, New Britain, CT
- New Britain Mayor’s Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness
- New Britain Museum of American Art
- New Britain Institute, New Britain, CT
- The Hundred Club of Connecticut
- Rebuilding Together/Christmas in April
- United Way of New Britain and Berlin
- Vision New Britain 2000
- YMCA, New Britain, CT
- YWCA, New Britain, CT
In addition, McCue Mortgage is proud to sponsor the M. Gertrude McCue Volunteer-of-the-Year Award at the Hospital for Special Care in New Britain, CT which was launched in 1991 to posthumously honor M. Gertrude McCue, who dedicated over 45 years of service, both as a patient-advocate and friend of the hospital. Gert helped found the hospital’s Auxiliary in 1952, as well as its gift shop and thrift store. Gertrude McCue was the wife of the late William D. McCue who founded the McCue Mortgage Company in 1949. Each year, a Hospital for Special Care volunteer is selected who exemplifies the spirit of volunteerism and the unwavering service that Gert McCue’s exhibited in her lifetime.
William D. McCue, founder of McCue Mortgage, was the recipient of several service honors including being named a Knight of St. Gregory, Civil Cross by Pope Paul VI in 1963; awarded the 175th Anniversary Medal of Honor by Georgetown University in 1964; and in 1971, was given Georgetown’s John Carroll Award, the highest tribute alumni pay to one of its fellow graduates.
To request a donation or support from McCue Mortgage, please visit McCue Mortgage Cares for more information.