This limited-time program offers assistance to low- and moderate-income homeowners to resolve mortgage delinquency caused by income loss and/or greater expenses due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eligible households may receive up to $20,000 in total assistance. The actual assistance amount a household may receive will be determined on a case-by-case basis based on a review of the homeowner’s application. Assistance will be in the form of a grant. Payments from the HAF will be made directly to the eligible homeowner’s first mortgagee or servicer on the homeowner’s behalf.
At this time, McCue’s program is available to McCue Mortgage customers only.
This program will provide the following assistance:
- Reinstatement – delinquent mortgage payments including principal, interest, taxes, and insurance, and other costs to bring the loan current, or
- Forborne payments, or
- Deferred amounts.
You may be eligible for the pilot round of HAF if:
- Your property is located in Connecticut and is your primary residence.
- You currently earn an income. This can include Employment, Self-Employment or Business Income, Unemployment Benefits, Worker’s Compensation, Pensions, Annuities, Social Security Benefits, SSI Benefits, Veteran Benefits, Alimony, or Child Support.
- You can certify that you experienced financial hardship after January 21, 2020, including but not limited to job loss, reduction of income, or need to care for a family member.
- You had been current on your loan as of January 21, 2020.
- Your loan had a principal balance at or below the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s conforming loan limits for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac at the time of origination. McCue Mortgage will be able to help you determine whether you meet these eligibility criteria.
- Your 2020 income and 2021 income does not exceed 100% of the Area Median Income (“AMI”) per household size, for the respective year, as published by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”). McCue Mortgage will be able to help you determine whether you meet these eligibility criteria.
Please fill out the form below to let us know that you are interested in applying for this program and review the application form, which we will assist you in completing. The final decision regarding the approval/denial for HAF is made by the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority, not McCue Mortgage.
This program does require the following documentation for review:
- State-issued photo ID or driver’s license;
- Social Security Card;
- Last year’s income: 2020 tax return or W2 forms/pay stubs/1099 form, etc.;
- Current income documentation: 8 weeks of current pay stubs/benefits letter/P&L for self-employed applicant.